America is all about speed,hot nasty bad a%$ speed

Eleanor Roosevelt 1946

Saturday, March 27, 2010

FIRST RUN

Before today the most I had run was 2 miles on the treadmill.I've been wanting to get into running for a while now but its tough to run when I have a perfectly good bike to ride!I had a tough time getting going this morning making excuses not to go.I preregistered for the Montvale 5 miler a few weeks ago.I have to admit it was a blast.I kept a steady 5-7 mph pace the whole time.I was stoked I was able to run the whole time!Cardio wise I felt GREAT.I finished a little better than midpack in 52 minutes and I'm definatly happy with that I was just hoping to survive!If I can just stop drinking beer to help shed another 5-10pounds,no no that's crazy talk!The race was held at the Montvale park and trail system.Kenny Palmers done a great job on thease trails and he's still improving on them!Props to Josh and Gina Gilbert of Mountain Junkies for putting on a great event!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely had a great first running race. It was good to see you out there and finishing without a bit of agony on your face. Thanks for coming out and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it G.