America is all about speed,hot nasty bad a%$ speed

Eleanor Roosevelt 1946

Monday, March 1, 2010

Bedford MTX 2


This time instead of 50 degrees and mud we had 20 degrees and 20 mph winds at night to start out in.I started out fast spinning up to about 90 rpms and was maintaining my lead threw the single track.It wasn't much single track but it was enough to to get me pumped for more!Towards the end of the single track i heard the familiar sound of Warren Shimizzi"s hope hub.I pulled him thru the road section then on the turn to the grassy downhill he went around and was gone.I passed a lot of people on the grassy windy hill climb just by spinning up it.I passed Paula on my 5yh lap but to get ahead of her i would have had to pass her 1 more time!She ended up winning by a couple of minutes.I felt OK despite my stomach issues leading up the race.I'm 8th overall in the series with Jen behind me by only a few minutes!I would like to be riding stronger right now but it is really early in the season I remember last year at this series I could barely make it a lap without having to stop and push my bike finishing way towards the back!So I feel I have a good base I just need to build up my endurance.We have a great team this year and looking forward to many more race"s this year.And as always Kenny laid out a great course despite the conditions.He's defiantly got a passion for it and it shows!Next up the last race of the series.Maybe we will have ideal conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it G.